vendredi 18 mai 2012

First impressions, first week

I arrived in Melbourne at 6:45 which is pretty early, and i've got admit it, at first I thought I was not tired at all, so I thought that I could start au pairing, yes I'm an au pair...
So I met my first host mum at the airport, she looked so nice I thought " ok everything gonna be awesome", everything, everything is always beautiful at first...
I discovered my new home, in Ascot vale, a pretty nice house.
My host family was composed of 5 members, Brodie the dad Sarita the mum, Stevie the little girl and Kip & Bowie the twins. 
After a tour on the house my host mum left me alone few hours, and I have to admit I felt asleep... 
I woke up at 6, had a great dinner, met here sister and all her nieces and kids..
It was a lovely mess! 
At 8pm I was sleeping again.. 
I spent my first week in working and sleeping, I was to tired ( and a bit lazy) to go out. 
You know when you've worked 8 hours a day, you don't thing you've got enough energy to go out.. 
But I would have kill for a glass of wine ! 
So on Thursday ( or maybe it was wednesday?) I met Katharina, Katha is an au pair from Germany, who is in Ascot Vale as well.
So we went to " Scoozy" a lovely restaurant/bar , and we had a nice glass of white wine.
We've talked about nothing and everything, and at the end of the night I felt like I've always knew her.
I was so exiting about having a friend in the same area!! 
On the friday we met each other again, we went to the city. 
We were supposed to meet Katha's germans friend to the rooftop city bar in Swanson street, so we went to that bar, but they were actually at the Cookies, which is in the same building.
We had a 18$ mojito, life is soooo expensive here ( or maybe it's just alcohol?). 
I have to say that I felt a bit alone, even if there were 5 people with me they were all german, and you know how it is when you don't speak the language..  But hopefully the music was great and I really enjoy to watch people so that what I did ! 
Then Katha & I went to that club downstair ( or maybe it was upstair, that's terrible I should had write everything on time because I've forgotten most of the details)  and we've danced until 2, we've found the night rider at 3 and be back home around 3:30.
It was a short night, I woke up at 10 and I've met Katha at 11 to catch up the tram at 11:30
We had lunch at that bagel's place it was yummy, and we were lucky it was a sunny day, without rain! 
After that we've walked around in the city, and we took so many pictures ! 
We also have found a really nice band who was playing in bourke street! 
At 6pm we went to Amigos, which is a bar and restaurant, we had 2l of this very fruity sangrila & guacamole tapas! 
We've spent all the evening in that nice place.























Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire